Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My itinerary

This is mostly for family, hope my folks can get to the blog, see the pictures and follow my travels. I leave Columbus Monday May 25th, connect thru New York and arrive in Tel Aviv on Tues the 26th. Sally, Laura and I will stay at the City Hotel. Wednesday night, Hilla's parents are hosting a dinner on the rooftop of their new apartment building. Thursday evening is the wedding. Friday the Shimshoni's have planned a trip to Jerusalem, Saturday we will visit Masada and float in the Dead Sea. Sunday Sally and Laura head for Cairo for a quick trip to the pyramids and then home. I will head to the Gulf of Aquaba for a day or two of snorkeling/diving. Then to Jordan. I want to go into the Wadi Rum desert and spend the night out with the Bedouins. Next is Petra, hopefully for 2 days. I plan to go to Amman next and do some day trips from there rather than moving every day or 2. Mt Nebo is on my list along with various other sites. If there are lots of things I want to do from Amman I may go from there directly to Istanbul. If a day or 2 in Amman is enough I may visit Cyprus on the way. Either way I plan for a week in Istanbul to see all that is there. I leave Istanbul June 13th for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment