Monday, February 6, 2012

From Alaska to Hawaii

Well gang, it's time to hit the road again. As most of you know, my Dad died shortly after I got back from Alaska in 2010. My Mom has been doing pretty well adjusting to being alone after almost 60 years of marriage. I don't remember exactly when she first mentioned she wanted to return to Hawaii (she and my dad were there some years ago) but it's a place I've always wanted to see, so we started talking about it seriously. Now it's all settled, we're leaving Feb 12th, will spend 2 nights in San Francisco to break up the flights and visit with our cousin Jerry, then on to Honalulu for 2 nights followed by 5 nights each on Kauai and Maui. I'm hoping to keep up with my blog as we go along, so check back for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment