Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Here we go again

Hard to believe it's been almost a year since Joe and Hilla got married. Now, I'm ready to go again. This time to Alaska. Thanks to Robin and Jim for inviting me to join them. We leave June 11th, fly into Fairbanks, spend time at Denali Nat'l Park, take a train to Anchorage, then fly to Juneau and board an 85 passenger ship to cruise up into the glaciers. I am excited.
We'll be back on 6/22, I'll spend one night here at home then fly to Mt Carroll, IL (NW of Chicago) for workshops at the Campbell Center for Historic Preservation Studies. Since I've been volunteering at the OSU Historic Costume and Textile Collection I have found I love doing conservation and restoration of historic garments. I get to use my sewing skills to help preserve these garments and I get to look at and touch the most fabulous things. So I'm going to learn some more about how to do it. The first 2 classes are Basic Traditional Sewing Skills and Basic Costume Restoration. They will be taught by Steven Rosengard, who was a contestant on Season 4 of Project Runway. This will be the 4th person from the show that I've met. Jeez, I wish it was Tim Gunn. Stay tuned folks, for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment